We make our bath salts by hand in Auckland, New Zealand.
Epsom Salts is not actually salt. It is magnesium sulphate which is a chemical compound made up of magnesium, sulphur, and oxygen. Epsom salts are sourced either from naturally occurring springs or created from synthetic materials. First distilled in Epsom, Surrey England in the 1800s, Epsom salt is now used primarily in healing muscle injuries and can help calm nerves and reduce symptoms associated with stress.
Himalayan Pink Salt is a type of salt which is mined near the Himalayas in Pakistan. It is a natural source of many minerals and trace elements including calcium, magnesium, potassium, zinc, silica, and selenium. Salt mainly consists of the compound sodium chloride which plays an important role in fluid balance, nerve conduction and muscle contraction.
Essential Oils are compounds extracted from plants which retain the natural smell and flavour. The oil is obtained through distillation, often by using steam. or methods such as cold pressing. Once extracted, the oil is combined with a carrier oil.
Our jars. We have specifically chosen beautifully shaped, clear jars, so you can re-use them. Our lids are made from aluminium which is indefinitely recyclable.
Boxes. You can turn our candle boxes inside out and reuse them. They make nice little gift boxes!
1. Add approximately 2 tables spoons of the salt mix to warm running water. Stir the water with your hand to dissolve the remaining salt. You can also use our salt as a foot soak.
2. Soak in the tub for at least 15 minutes.
3. Please remove the flowers and petals from your bath with a strainer once you have finished, then add them to your compost.
4. The salts are for external use only. Please avoid contact with your eyes. If irritation does occur, please discontinue use.
5. Make sure you secure the lid to keep the salt dry. Store away from direct sunlight.